The 8th Annual Conference of JAIS
Call for Proposals
The 8th Annual Conference of JAIS will be held for two
days on September 22 and 23, 2007, at Nakanoshima Center of Osaka University in Osaka, Japan. All the JAIS members are invited to submit a proposal for oral presentation via email or fax, as follows:
1) Deadline for submission: August
1, 2007 (Application Closed!)
2) Length of proposal (ABSTRACT): Approximately 300-500 words (or about 400-800 Kana-Kanji characters if written in Japanese),
clearly stating the nature of the problem that you are addressing.
3) Author's information: Attach a separate information page/sheet to your proposal, indicating (a) title of your presentation,
(b) your full name, (c) affiliation, (d) mailing address, (e) email address,
and (f) telephone/fax number.
4) Presentation time: 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes for discussion.
5) Notification of acceptance: Official notification of acceptance of proposals will be sent to successful applicants via email
by the end of August 2007.
Please also note the following:
Presenters must be the members of, or have applied to the membership with, JAIS as of the date of proposal submission.
The Conference is conducted in Japanese, but presentation in English is also accepted. If you wish to use other languages, please contact the Program Committee
before submitting your proposal.
If you wish to use special presentation equipment including OHC and RGB Projector, state it clearly in your proposal.
All the presentations may be recorded on a video and/or audio tape for JAIS members to use it later for research and educational purposes. In applying for presentation
at the JAIS conference, the presenters are deemed to have given their consent to this condition for application.